TikTok influencer marketing helped our client go from having a great month to a really great month, and that’s what we will discuss in this post.
The month of May was already going strong and we had a Memorial Day promotion that was going to provide a nice revenue boost for the brand.
One day (May 24th) after the promotion started an influencer video on TikTok went viral and started flooding the site with traffic.
If you’ve done any advertising on TikTok, you’re probably familiar with the fact that the platform can send you traffic, but that getting it to convert is easier said than done.
While that may be the current status quo for TikTok advertising, it’s a different story with TikTok influencer marketing. Especially when a video goes viral. Before we continue, here’s a look at the spike that occurred when the video went viral.
As you can see, revenue had already spiked during the planned promotion, but on May 24th, thanks to the TikTok influencer video that went viral, revenue absolutely took off!
TikTok Influencer Marketing Stats
For privacy purposes for our client I’m not able to share the video, but can share some stats that you may find helpful.
- The influencer in question, at the time of posting, had 30k followers. So a nice audience, but it wasn’t a megafluencer (totally just made that up).
- The video, as of this writing, has received 2 million views on TikTok.
- As of this writing it has received 3,000+ comments and more than 44,000 shares.
While TikTok advertising might not be paying big dividends just yet, TikTok influencer marketing can definitely pay off. Especially if you’re lucky enough for a video to go viral.
TikTok Influencer Marketing Tips
- When working with influencers on TikTok, it’s important to let them create content their way so that it feels as organic as possible.
- Based on the tools currently available, you’ll want to make sure they utilize a brand hashtag and also mention the brand in the description. This helps people figure out where to do the shopping if they are interested in doing so.
- Don’t feel like you can only work with folks with huge followings. Microinfluencers can pack a punch, especially when creating compelling content that the platform starts to put in front of a lot of people.
- When gifting product to TikTok influencers, don’t just let them pick any product. You’ll want to gift them with something interesting that they can create unique content around.
- As with all traffic spikes, make sure your website and various marketing touches are performing optimally in order. The last thing you want to do is look back and think to yourself, “we should have added a pop up to capture email addresses” or something along those lines.
As you’ve seen in the image above, TikTok influencer marketing can pay off in a big way, especially when a video goes viral.